[Haskell-cafe] Improving *> and >> for Data.Sequence

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 21:49:23 UTC 2014

I'd like to define (*>) and (>>) for Data.Seq.Seq in a "clever" way, like
replicate, but I'm a bit stuck. It kind of looks like this is the purpose
behind the applicativeTree function, which bills itself as a generalization
of replicateA, but something seems to have gotten stuck and the only time I
see applicativeTree actually used is to define replicateA. With all the
fancy nesting, I'm a bit lost as to how to go about this, and having only
one example doesn't really help. Can someone help give me a clue?

Thanks,
David