[Haskell-cafe] Parsing error in Haskell2010

Stuart A. Kurtz stuart at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 18 19:31:26 UTC 2014

Dear Andy,

> If that is the actual indentation in the file (and not just one or both of our mail clients breaking it), the problem is that the `let` line needs to start in the same column as the lines with `gen` and `putStr`.

The gen, let, and putStr were properly aligned. After all, it compiled as Haskell98 ;-).

> (Also, the inner do-block needs to be indented strictly further than the word `log`, in case it isn't in the original file.)

This seems to be the issue. Haskell98 didn't require this, Haskell2010 does, and this seems less desirable to me. Isn't it reasonable to assume that the it's the do that dominates syntactically here, and not the let?

Peace,

Stu