[Haskell-cafe] Generating valid html

Wojtek Narczyński wojtek at power.com.pl
Tue Nov 18 15:49:15 UTC 2014

On 18.11.2014 11:03, Jon Fairbairn wrote:

> When you’ve done that, do have a look at mine (as posted
> earlier, there’s a snapshot at
> http:///scrap.bookofsand.co.uk/HTMLs.tar.gz ). It enforces more
> of the restrictions in the standards, but uses some more modern
> Haskell to do it.

I have had a look, but frankly, the syntax of the html generating codes
is not as readable as in WASH. I've also found WASH SUPER [1], which
shows how to create type leve finite automatons [2], a bit like
xhaskell. I found it interesting, and applicable beyond a DSL for HTML.
I'm trying to fit the type level finite automaton concept into the Monad
class, but this doesn't seem to work with the stock Monad class
definition. Any guidance here, dear List?

[1] http://www2.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~thiemann/WASH/WASP-SUPER.tgz
[2] http://www2.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~thiemann/papers/modeling.pdf

--
Kind regards,