[Haskell-cafe] data analysis question

Tobias Pflug tobias.pflug at gmx.net
Wed Nov 12 09:45:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

just the other day I talked to a friend of mine who works for an online
radio service who told me he was currently looking into how best work
with assorted usage data: currently 250 million entries as a 12GB in a
csv comprising of information such as which channel was tuned in for how
long with which user agent and what not.

He accidentally ran into K and Q programming language (*1) which
apparently work nicely for this as unfamiliar as it might seem.

This certainly is not my area of expertise at all. I was just wondering
how some of you would suggest to approach this with Haskell. How would
you most efficiently parse such data evaluating custom queries ?

Thanks for your time,
Tobi

[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_(programming_language)
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(programming_language_from_Kx_Systems)