[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Haskell FFI Tutorial

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 03:40:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Niklas Hambüchen <mail at nh2.me> wrote:
> Took me over a day to find, and it was just a 500 lines application.

More than a year, maybe two in my case, and was probably around 50k
lines at the time, though only 1k in the FFI.  It wouldn't show up in
tests, except when it did, so I wrote all manner of special test
frameworks to try to reproduce it reliably, nothing did.  valgrind
doesn't help with this kind of problem.  I must have looked straight
at the bad code a hundred times at least.

Anyway it's a lesson I won't soon forget.