[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hcwiid-0.0.5 (wiimote, gaming)

Ivan Perez ivan.perez at keera.co.uk
Wed May 28 07:20:19 UTC 2014

Hi cafe!

We are happy to announce the release of Hcwiid 0.0.5, the Haskell bindings
for cwiid, which provide a user-space driver for Nintendo's Wiimotes.

The following new features have been made available recently:

*- Infrared support*. This is essential if you want to use the sensor bar
to detect what the wiimote is pointing at.

*- Accelerometer support*.

* - Improved API*. Access to all the key features, new auxiliary functions
not present in cwiid, and a higher-level interface via the type system.

*- Documentation*. An effort is being made to provide not only haddock
documentation, but also several tests that demonstrate the features of this
library.

More information (including "What is a wiimote and how can I use it?" and
"what can we expect next") can be found here:
http://keera.co.uk/blog/2014/05/27/interacting-haskell-games-using-wiimote/

Hackage: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/hcwiid

Github: https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/hcwiid

I hope you all enjoy spicing up your applications a little bit with this
library.

All the best

Ivan

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/keerastudios