[Haskell-cafe] Self-contained GHC for Mac

Travis Cardwell travis.cardwell at extellisys.com
Mon May 26 22:55:45 UTC 2014

On 2014年05月27日 00:36, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> In addition to that, you can only have one Haskell Platform install and you
> need admin to install it. With this, you don't need admin and can have as
> many "installs" as you want (although it won't save you from .ghc or .cabal
> hell).

I wrote an article explaining how I install multiple versions and avoid
~/.cabal hell (on Debian Wheezy):

http://www.extellisys.com/articles/haskell-on-debian-wheezy

TLDR: Do not install *anything* into ~/.cabal; essentially just use it to
store the package list and archives, installing the most recent version of
cabal-install into --global and everything else into sandboxes.

Cheers,

Travis