[Haskell-cafe] Self-contained GHC for Mac

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon May 26 15:39:13 UTC 2014

On Monday, May 26, 2014, Bob Hutchison <hutch-lists at recursive.ca> wrote:

> On May 23, 2014, at 2:42 PM, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','bob at redivi.com');>>
> wrote:
>
> After seeing some demand for packaged Haskell for Mac for the IHaskell
> project and by word of mouth at BayHac I decided to take a stab at it. Here
> you go:
> http://ghcformacosx.github.io/ (currently GHC 7.8.2 and cabal-install
> 1.20.0.1)
>

> Thank you! Wonderful!
>
> I think this is the way to go for anyone setting up Haskell for the first
> time on a Mac. I agree that this should be a very prominently displayed
> installation option on haskell.org

Might be worth waiting a little while to shake out any issues, but I'm ok
with that.

> So, Bob, have you thought about how you’ll avoid having to maintain this
> forever?

I wrote up instructions for how to build it. Could be done by a CI builder,
although it needs someone's signing key to build one suitable for
distro. Happy to take it on myself for now as I'm already paying for the
Mac developer subscription so might as well use it.

-bob