[Haskell-cafe] Cabal, tar and uploading to Hackage

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat May 24 23:41:29 UTC 2014

Lately my attempts at creating tar-balls for uploading to Hackage have
been failing.  I use the standard `./Setup.hs sdist` method to
generate tar-balls, but apparently that uses `/usr/bin/tar` (GNU tar),
which defaults to the 'gnu' format, while Hackage requires the
'ustar' format.

Is there some way to pass arguments to `tar` when using `./Setup.hs
sdist`?

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Heuristic is an algorithm in a clown suit. It’s less predictable, it’s more
fun, and it comes without a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
     -- Steve McConnell, Code Complete