[Haskell-cafe] OpenGL performance issue on OSX

Michael Baker michaeltbaker at gmail.com
Tue May 20 04:20:11 UTC 2014

I'm using OpenGLRaw and I'm getting 3 frames per second trying to draw 8000
triangles. When I profile the application, I see that almost all of the
time is taken by a call to CGLFlushDrawable, which is apparently OSX's
function for swapping the back buffer to the front buffer.

Has anyone else run into a problem like this? I seem to recall a thread a
while ago about a Haskell specific OpenGL performance issue, but I can't
find it now.