[Haskell-cafe] ANN: fsnotify-0.1

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Thu May 15 07:03:10 UTC 2014

A new version of fsnotify, a cross-platform filesystem notification library, is
available.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/fsnotify-0.1.0.1

The main user-visible changes since the last version are:

* ability to stop a listening job
* ability to set a polling interval (when polling is used)
* a couple of small semantic changes (see [changelog] for details)
* improved documentation

Plus, there was a fair bit of internal refactoring, including a new test suite.

[changelog]: https://github.com/haskell-fswatch/hfsnotify/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

There's still a long-standing bug about wrong event types being generated
on OS X.  We know how to fix it (basically, use kqueue instead of OS X's own
API), but I don't have time to do it. So if anyone is interested, help would be
welcome!  See https://github.com/haskell-fswatch/hfsnotify/issues/36

Thanks to Miguel Mitrofanov for providing access to an OS X host, which
was extremely valuable while working on and testing this version.

Roman