[Haskell-cafe] Installation of package text failing installation on ghc 7.6.3

Victor Miller victorsmiller at gmail.com
Sun May 11 20:46:46 UTC 2014

I just downloaded the latest Haskell platform (I realize that ghc might not
be up-to-date in this) for my macbook.  I installed it, which appeared to
go without problems.  However, when I tried to update the package text, I
get the errors below.  I suspect that the first error (not recognizing ' in
a comment) cascades through the rest.    How do you suggest fixing this
(other than getting Bryan do drop the apostrophe :-))?

Victor

Configuring text-1.1.1.2...

Building text-1.1.1.2...

Preprocessing library text-1.1.1.2...

Data/Text.hs:9:52:

     warning: missing terminating ' character [-Winvalid-pp-token]

-- Copyright   : (c) 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Bryan O'Sullivan,

                                                   ^

Data/Text.hs:90:12:

     warning: missing terminating ' character [-Winvalid-pp-token]

        , foldl'

               ^

Data/Text.hs:92:13:

     warning: missing terminating ' character [-Winvalid-pp-token]

        , foldl1'

                ^

Data/Text.hs:151:14:

     warning: missing terminating ' character [-Winvalid-pp-token]

        --, lines'

                 ^

Data/Text.hs:269:15:

     warning: missing terminating '"' character [-Winvalid-pp-token]

-- character \"�\" (U+FFFD).  Functions that perform this

              ^

Data/Text.hs:271:5:

     warning: missing terminating '"' character [-Winvalid-pp-token]

-- \"Performs replacement on invalid scalar values\".

    ^

Data/Text.hs:304:12:

     warning: missing terminating '"' character [-Winvalid-pp-token]

-- phrase \"Subject to fusion\".

           ^

Data/Text.hs:440:3:

     error: invalid preprocessing directive