[Haskell-cafe] Need pointer to explain CPU usage

Robin Palotai palotai.robin at gmail.com
Wed May 7 19:43:48 UTC 2014

Hello List,

I have a tiny scotty-based application, which when compiled and
started in profiling mode, consumes 10x CPU it does in normal mode.

Interestingly, if I fire a request on the app, CPU usage drops to
minimal after finishing the request for a while. But after a few
minutes it starts consuming 10x CPU again.

First I would have suspected scotty, however collecting time profiling
info with -p, -P or -Pa doesn't reveal much. That still not rules
scotty out however.

To make matters worse, I inspect strange time profiling tick count I
can't explain - the .prof file says "2 ticks @ 1000 us", while the
application was clearly running idle for a good few seconds.

Any ideas what am I missing?

Thanks,
Robin