[Haskell-cafe] cabal repl fails with GHC 7.8.2

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Sat May 3 20:53:33 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Omari Norman <omari at smileystation.com> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM, adam vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think I've seen what might be the same issue. Could you try adding a
>> cc-options: -fPIC like:
>> https://github.com/aavogt/HOpenCV/blob/master/HOpenCV.cabal#L83 ?
>
> Now I get

> panic! (the 'impossible' happened)
>   (GHC version 7.8.2 for x86_64-unknown-linux):
> undefined symbol: BCD2DPD
>
> Please report this as a GHC bug:  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug

Hi Omari,

I had a look at deka. It seems you need to list the decContext.c and
decQuad.c in the other order in the cabal file to make the .o files
show up in the right order in the call to ghc (you can see it with
cabal repl -v).

If anything it is odd that ghc-7.6 accepts the objects in the "wrong" order.

Regards,
Adam