[Haskell-cafe] Experimenting a new plotting library

Kai Zhang kai at kzhang.org
Fri May 2 21:44:46 UTC 2014

Hi cafe,

I'm experimenting a new plotting library which makes use of the API of
diagrams. I decided to start this work, because:

1. There is few plotting library written in pure Haskell
2. Haskell-chart, one of the most featured library, is hard to extend and
there is no straightforward way to compose or modify the plots generated by
this library.

I had some ideas for the new library. You can get some feeling from here:
https://github.com/kaizhang/haskell-plot

I'm still relatively new to haskell and don't have much experience in
making plots either. Hopefully I can get some suggestions from you guys and
improve my programming skills through this process.