[Haskell-cafe] Dealing with GHC 7.8

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu May 1 13:02:06 UTC 2014

On 1 May 2014 22:49, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:
> I think you need to upgrade to cabal-install 1.18 or later, and then
> recompile your entire package database. Johan wrote about this on Google+:
>
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/115504368969270249241/posts/19fyYuT5C1i

Except I'm not using cabal-install, I'm using my system's
(source-based) package manager, which uses runhaskell Setup under the
hood.

And yes, it's Cabal-1.18.

Since these are all packages being built on the system level, I'm
pretty sure it's not using any old versions of libraries built by
cabal-install-1.16.