[Haskell-cafe] Listing native package requirements based on cabal information

David Thomas davidleothomas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 18:05:41 UTC 2014

I don't think attoparsec or any of its dependencies have any native
requirements, and some poking around seems to support this, although I
don't have any easy way of telling for certain (which is part of what I'm
looking for).

On the other hand, something like postgresql-libpq clearly depends on the
libpq C library (and possibly other things) as listed in the
Extra-Libraries field in its cabal file, *as do anything that require
postgresql-libpq* which fact does *not* directly show up in their cabal
file.  Walking the tree and pulling that info is a possibility, but it
needs to be done after dependency-resolution in case requirements change
version to version.