[Haskell-cafe] Listing native package requirements based on cabal information

Alexander V Vershilov alexander.vershilov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:38:08 UTC 2014

Such requirement (dependency on executable) can't be covered by the
cabal file (at least with 'simple' build type). It's possible to write
custom
setup.hs or use autotools to check such types of dependency.
AFAIK there were other examples of dependencies, that can't be covered
by existing approaches, but I can't show them from the scratch.

--
Alexander

On 19 March 2014 21:24, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
>  > Some packages require existing executables, e.g. git-annex require
>  > lsof. There were some more examples of packages that doesn't have
>  > pkg-config but require additional programs to be installed.
>
> if the package requires system resources that the Cabal file doesn't
> declare, then this is a bug in the Cabal file, no?
>
> Take care,
> Peter

Alexander