[Haskell-cafe] gloss-raster: Couldn't figure out LLVM version! (osx 10.8.5)

Miro Karpis miroslav.karpis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 09:05:04 UTC 2014

Hi, please can you help me with following: I'm unable to install
gloss-raster. Output is:

dev$ cabal install gloss-raster
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring gloss-raster-1.8.1.2...
Building gloss-raster-1.8.1.2...
Preprocessing library gloss-raster-1.8.1.2...
[1 of 2] Compiling Graphics.Gloss.Raster.Array (
Graphics/Gloss/Raster/Array.hs, dist/build/Graphics/Gloss/Raster/Array.o )

<no location info>:
    Warning: Couldn't figure out LLVM version!
             Make sure you have installed LLVM
ghc: could not execute: opt
Failed to install gloss-raster-1.8.1.2
gloss-raster-1.8.1.2 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

llvm seems to be installed:

$ brew install llvm
Warning: llvm-3.3 already installed