[Haskell-cafe] question about show

David Fox dsf at seereason.com
Thu Mar 6 03:53:55 UTC 2014

Show is supposed to convert its argument into a haskell expression which,
when evaluated, returns the same value that was initially passed to show.
 So by this definition, "\252" is just as correct  as "ü".

There are some Show instances out in the world that do not follow this
rule, but they are bad.  I'm looking at you, Network.URI!