[Haskell-cafe] 2013.2 on Win8.1 64 bit

Tillmann Rendel rendel at informatik.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 4 21:02:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

James wrote:
> Does the current latest Haskell Platform install on Win8.1?

Works fine for me on two machines.

> Continuing then fails to write to Program Files (x86).

I always install to a path like "C:\Haskell\Platform\2013.2.0.0", maybe
that works better for you, too.

   Tillmann

PS. I then put a directory symlink from

   C:\Haskell\Platform\current

   C:\Haskell\Platform\2013.2.0.0

so that I can add the C:\Haskell\Platform\current directory to the PATH
environment variable and never have to change it again. And I configure
all paths in my cabal configuration file to point to
C:\Haskell\Platform\current\something, so I get a fresh start when I
install a new Haskell platform and update the symlink. So far, this
setup has served me well.