[Haskell-cafe] questions about ghc-clang-wrapper

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Mar 2 00:35:09 UTC 2014

I've just run the ghc-clang-wrapper script (from
https://gist.github.com/tibbe/8448715) to try to get GHC 7.6.3 (part of
Haskell Platform 2013-2.0.0) working with XCode 5.0.2 on a MacOS 10.8.5
machine.  Things look good, but I have two questions:

Question 1: How do I know this worked?  I tested it by modifying a package
that I'm writing so that it requires CPP to build correctly, and
successfully built it with "cabal clean; cabal configure; cabal build".
(More details available on request.)  Does that mean I'm in good shape?

(I'm asking because I was never entirely clear on what the incompatibility
was; all I know is that it has something to do with cpp.)

Question 2: Is there any harm in adding -Wno-return-type to extraClangArgs
in ghc-clang-wrapper?  This silences an annoying but apparently harmless
warning I get from "cabal configure".

Thanks,

Richard