[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hmatrix-0.16

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 12:28:37 UTC 2014

On 06/20/2014 06:36 PM, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am happy to announce the release of hmatrix-0.16, a Haskell package
> for matrix computations and numeric linear algebra.
>
> New features:
>
> - BSD3 license. The modules depending on GSL have been moved to a new
> package hmatrix-gsl (GPL). Now hmatrix depends only on BLAS/LAPACK.
>
> - Simpler reexport modules with improved documentation and usage
> examples. There are a few API changes but the traditional modules are
> also exposed for backwards compatibility.
>
> - Alternative interface using type-level literals for static dimension
> checking and inference (work in progress).
>
> - Initial support for sparse linear systems.
>
> - Minor improvements and bug fixes (see the changelog for details).
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hmatrix
>
> https://github.com/albertoruiz/hmatrix
>
> Some examples: http://dis.um.es/~alberto/hmatrix/hmatrix.html
>
> Suggestions, contributions, and bug reports are welcome.
>
> Thanks!
> Alberto

It is great to see an example page: I have tried to use hmatrix in the
past for what should have been simple matrix/vector
multiplication/addition but quickly became frustrated unable to figure
out how to use it so I ended up writing my own (only needed few
operations to try something out).

I suggest that you put the link to that page in the description of the
package so it shows on Hackage, on this[1] page.

Secondly, I note that some modules (not all) such as
Numeric.Container[2] give the missing documentation page when clicked
on. Is this intentional? If I click back to something like version
0.14.x and click on Numeric.Container, I get documentation as I would
expect.

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hmatrix
[2]:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hmatrix-0.16.0.3/docs/Numeric-Container.html