[Haskell-cafe] determine hoolge database directory

Tobias Pflug tobias.pflug at gmx.net
Mon Jun 23 20:36:46 UTC 2014

Hi haskellers,

i'm new to haskell and am currently working on some tool that is
supposed to fiddle with hoogle database files. Now I'm looking
for a sane way to determine the directory where hoogle stores its
database directories (when you perform `hoogle data`).
In my case this is:
.cabal/share/x86_64-linux-ghc-7.8.2/hoogle-4.2.33/databases

So this is [home directory]/.cabal/[ghc-version]/[hoogle-version]/databases

Could someone suggest me a sane way how I can determine this path at
runtime ? Maybe there is a way to extract this
from somewhere ? I'm out of ideas on this. I could of course take the
easy way out and let users declare the path
as config parameter but it would be nice if there was a way ...

thanks in advance.

regards,
Tobi