[Haskell-cafe] diagrams

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Jun 20 20:30:29 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 18.06.2014, 23:44 -0400 schrieb Anthony Cowley:

> > I have no doubt that diagrams can make the diagrams themselves. What
> > I wonder about is the animation capabilities---ability to have
> > elements move or cross-fade (dissolve), in particular.

I very recently created this animation with diagrams, which does move
and fade stuff:
http://joachim-breitner.de/publications/haskell_bytes_portland_2014-06-13.webm

But the ride was not as smooth as it should have been. See
https://gist.github.com/nomeata/cde96a2e693a23cca8ee for the code. The
function positionSpec contains a “script”, i.e. a sequence of animated
modifications to the image, using lenses to position the change.

I guess with the right combinators, this can be greatly simplified, but
it is hard to come up with the right combinators. Especially as our code
is one-dimensional, and we want to compose in three dimensions (x, y and
time).

Greetings,
Joachim

--