[Haskell-cafe] diagrams

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 03:31:19 UTC 2014

I'm a math tutor and I want to create videos to explain certain math
concepts, and I'm wondering if the diagrams library would help me. There
are two questions--first, whether it has the capability to do what I want,
and second how hard it would to integrate the animations into YouTube
videos with voice-over.

To describe the capability, I'm looking first to typeset equations. Then,
second, to represent manipulation of equations by having elements of
equations move locations or cross-fade. Also "elements" could mean pictures
or non-mathematical notation.

I have no doubt that diagrams can make the diagrams themselves. What I
wonder about is the animation capabilities---ability to have elements move
or cross-fade (dissolve), in particular.

As far as the ability to integrate these into YouTube videos, that is
probably beyond the scope of this list, but maybe someone happens to have
done this and knows the answer.

Mike