[Haskell-cafe] Uploading to hackage fails: bad file names in tarball

Frerich Raabe raabe at froglogic.com
Mon Jun 16 13:54:25 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-16 15:29, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 7:15 AM, Frerich Raabe <raabe at froglogic.com>
> wrote:
>
>> There is no file named 'AUX' though, and "Aux.hs" is a valid filename.
>
> You do know that Windows filenames are not case sensitive?

Sure, but I thought the extension distinguishes the file name. Note that
"Aux.hs" is what's given in the original error message.

However, according to Niklas Larsson, "The extension wasn't really part of
the filename in those days." so I guess I stand corrected.

Frerich Raabe - raabe at froglogic.com
www.froglogic.com - Multi-Platform GUI Testing