[Haskell-cafe] Uploading to hackage fails: bad file names in tarball

Frerich Raabe raabe at froglogic.com
Mon Jun 16 11:15:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

There are a couple more special files, most (all?) of which are documented
at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365247(v=vs.85).aspx#naming_conventions

That page also says "Also avoid these names followed immediately by an
extension; for example, NUL.txt is not recommended." and I suspect that it
may be this recommendation based on which the error is raised. "NUL.txt" as
well as "Aux.hs" are valid file names though.

There is no file named 'AUX' though, and "Aux.hs" is a valid filename.