[Haskell-cafe] ANN: io-memoize 1.1

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Jun 13 17:16:23 UTC 2014

Hi Dan,

 > 1. Create an empty cache with newCache
 > 2. fetch repeatedly from the cache, each time providing a fallback in
 >    case it is empty.
 >
 > Fetching from a Cache is thread safe: only one "fallback" will execute
 > at a time, and after the first successful fallback, the cached value
 > will be set and no other fallbacks will be called.

I'm not sure whether I get this correctly. If multiple threads fetch
values from one cache, will only one of those threads run at a time? Or
will those that fetch pairwise different values still run concurrently?

In other words, does the cache have a global lock or is there a lock per
value?

Best regards,
Peter