[Haskell-cafe] Not in scope

Julian K. Arni jkarni at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 16:57:37 UTC 2014

I have a lot of boilerplate code that th-desugar has made significantly more
manageable (thanks Richard!). Somewhere in the midst of it, I have:

>> type_equal (DContT n1) (DContT n2) = {...}

Which, when I compile with cabal, gives me:

    src/Language/Haskell/TH/Alpha.hs:180:13:
        Not in scope: data constructor ‘DContT’
        Perhaps you meant one of these:
          ‘DConT’ (imported from Language.Haskell.TH.Desugar),
          ‘DConE’ (imported from Language.Haskell.TH.Desugar),
          ‘DConPa’ (imported from Language.Haskell.TH.Desugar)

    src/Language/Haskell/TH/Alpha.hs:180:25:
        Not in scope: data constructor ‘DContT’
        Perhaps you meant one of these:
          ‘DConT’ (imported from Language.Haskell.TH.Desugar),
          ‘DConE’ (imported from Language.Haskell.TH.Desugar),
          ‘DConPa’ (imported from Language.Haskell.TH.Desugar)

Huh? Of course 'DConT' is what I meant - that's exactly what I wrote!

What in the world is going on? GHC is happy with all the other constructors!
I tried rewriting, just to be sure I didn't *somehow* get a tricky unicode
character in there...