[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANN: io-memoize 1.1

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki gtener at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 07:33:40 UTC 2014

I have also used this package as a quick-and-dirty-but-working solution to
This was something like this:

loadConfigFile :: IO SomeDataType
loadConfigFile = once (read <$> readFile "foo.config.txt")

Except that config file was actually ~50 MB long and parsed slowly.

There are obviously cases where caching such file is wrong or should be
done in some structured fashion (like in Haxl). Yet still, in other cases
this is perfect tool to cut down development time.

--
Krzysztof