[Haskell-cafe] Cross compiling Haskell from Linux to Windows with GHCs LLVM backend?

Rob Stewart robstewart57 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 08:59:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

I compile my code with GHC on Linux, and don't have ready access to a
Windows or a Mac operating system. Is it possible to use the GHC LLVM
backend as a means to cross compile Haskell code to target multiple
operating systems? I had envisaged it possible to generate the LLVM IR
using GHCs -keep-llvm-files flag, and using LLVMs target triple flag
to specify the CPU architecture and operating system of the users
machine. I'd like to compile on Linux, to target WIndows and Mac
machines.

Strangely I cannot find blog posts or tutorials online for
cross-compiling Haskell with GHC via LLVM.

Is it possible? Thanks,

--
Rob