[Haskell-cafe] Intuition to understand poor man's concurrency

Jochen Keil jochen.keil at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 19:22:41 UTC 2014

On 27.07.2014 13:30, Chris Wong wrote:
> That looks like a continuation monad to me. `C m a` can also be expressed
> as `Cont (Action m) a`, where Cont is from the transformers library.

I'm not sure if this fits properly here, but Continuation + Concurrency
reminded me of a blog post by Neil Mitchell [1].

> On Jul 27, 2014 10:48 PM, "martin" <martin.drautzburg at web.de> wrote:
>> Anyways, I believe I was able to convert that into modern haskell
syntax -
>> at least it compiles. But I have trouble to
>> understand the Monad instance presented there. Could anyobody walk me
>> through the bind function?

In case it's the Continuation monad Chris mentioned (and I think he's
right), you might enjoy Gabriel Gonzale's blog post about the
Continuation monad [2], where he gives motivation, walks through the
monad itself step by step and finally gives some examples.

[1]
http://neilmitchell.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/optimisation-with-continuations.html
[2] http://www.haskellforall.com/2012/12/the-continuation-monad.html

HTH, Jochen