[Haskell-cafe] what is basic Haskell?

Wojciech Danilo wojciech.danilo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 23:19:01 UTC 2014

Alex - we are making a very havy use of them (we are creating our own
language, compiler and domain specific libraries) - but you are right - in
other scenarios, they would be intermidiate (not advanced in my opinion).

Andrew - I would disagree with point 1. If you are using
OverlappingInstances and you are defining self-recursive instances,
compiler will complain giving you no hints unless you know what you are
doing (again, we are making ahvy use out of it, so I'm a little biased)
Ad. 2) - you are right - they are in the intermediate section, because they
are not hard to follow and understand. Additional, they are used a lot in
reactive programming - but here I agree, they could go elsewhere.

And of course you are right - there is a bunch of very busic stuff not
covered by the list - maybe I should just add it there, to make this list
more pure! :D