[Haskell-cafe] Another Cabal question

Jurriaan Hage J.Hage at uu.nl
Mon Jul 21 13:16:24 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I have another issue:
I have a Cabal package (call it A) that runtime depends on another (say B), where
B provides (only) an executable that is compiled with the Make build-type.

Now, I would like to list B under the build-depends of A (since there is no
way to specify having just a run-time dependency), but it seems that
when I cabal install B the package is not registered (although the executable
does in fact become available to use within the standard directory.)
So when I then compile A with Cabal it will complain the package is not registered.

Does anyone know whether the behaviour for B is normal, or whether this is a bug
of some kind? If the former, what is an easy and clean way of dealing with this situation.

best,
Jur