[Haskell-cafe] Q about last&init

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Thu Jul 17 23:50:04 UTC 2014

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 16:47:43 +0200, Закиров Марат <marat61 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Jake It would be great if you give some examples when find your
> notebook :) And link to the book about pure functional data structures
> which you are talking about.
> Also If some "haskell.org" maintainers are here I'd like to recommend
> them to pay more attention to optimality/performance questions.
> Because almost first question which is apeared  in head of standart
> C/C++ programmer is "Do I get same perfomance?" (even if he do not
> need it).
> Maybe some simple and cool PDF tutorial which describes why haskell
> could be as fast as others will be great to have.

The introduction to Haskell[0], linked from the front page, mentions
performance; if you type the word performance in the search field, you
will get the main performance page[1], that links to a lot of other pages
about performance. The The Computer Language Benchmarks Game[2] shows how
well Haskell(GHC) performs, compared to other (implementations of)
languages.

Everybody is welcome to request a HaskellWiki account[3] and update
pages[4].

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

[0] https://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Introduction