[Haskell-cafe] Memory consumption issues under heavy network throughput/concurrency loads

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 18:56:27 UTC 2014

You guys seem to be doing a good job of narrowing this down.  We know
there are issues with fragmentation when using ByteStrings; in the worst
case each ByteString can pin up to its size rounded up to 4Kbytes.  If
you're not keeping old ByteStrings around but are regularly recycling
them, then you shouldn't see this problem.  I believe we made some
improvements (allegedly) in 7.6 to the fragmentation behaviour.

Do let me know when you've narrowed it down to something you think I
should look at.

Cheers,
Simon