[Haskell-cafe] security update practice?

Mark Wotton mwotton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 01:47:02 UTC 2014

Hi all,

there was a security update to the underlying library to one of my
bindings last night (lz4) and it got me thinking - how do we handle
security updates as a community? I typically find out from IRC or
twitter now, which isn't particularly reliable. Might it be possible
to mark an update on Hackage as a security update rather than feature
update?

cheers
Mark

--
A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent of a
black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets surrounding a