[Haskell-cafe] Unmaintained packages and hackage upload rights

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 17:56:27 UTC 2014

Generally we (the Hackage admins) ask you to do the following before asking
us to take over a package.

Maintainer unreachable:

1. Try to contact the maintainer. Give him/her reasonable time to respond.
2. State your intention to take over the package in a public forum (e.g.
haskell-cafe/libraries list). CC maintainer.
3. Wait a while.
4. Send us an email, with a link to the public email thread.
5. We will grant you maintenance rights.

Maintainer reachable:

Option 1 (preferred):

1. Original maintainer gives you access at
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/<package>/maintainers/

Option 2:

1. Email us, with the maintainer CCed.
2. Maintainer replies to email saying it's OK.
3. We grant access.

-- Johan