[Haskell-cafe] Builder vs Builder

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Tue Jan 28 23:12:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-28 at 09:34 +0100, Erik Hesselink wrote:
> I've never had any problems installing newer bytestring versions.
> Unless you're using the GHC API, what is the problem?

Yeah, as Kazu said, right after installing the current **bytestring**
cabal announced it would be downgrading it back to 0.10.0.2. Bit of a
waste of my Saturday that. I think it was **text** but no need to point
fingers, really; the end result was Cabal being quite uncompromising
about it.

AfC
Sydney