[Haskell-cafe] Builder vs Builder

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Mon Jan 27 23:06:04 UTC 2014

Does anyone know whether blaze-builder is deprecated in favour of
bytestring's new Builder module, or are they the same, or...

I know Simon is the evil wizard cackling in his dank lair in both cases,
and I do remember him saying he was trying to get his work "upstream"
into bytestring, but I haven't heard anyone suggesting we should be
using Data.ByteString.Lazy.Builder instead of Blaze.ByteString.Builder

I can only imagine the integration with the allocation routines is much
better now that it's in bytestring, but on the other hand it's hard to
upgrade bytestring — it being so low in the stack — so perhaps the
original blaze remains the right choice from a bugfix and stability
perspective.

Thoughts?

AfC
Sydney