[Haskell-cafe] Haddock changes pushed upstream

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 05:24:09 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 9:10 PM, Mateusz Kowalczyk
<fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk> wrote:
> You're free to not use it. A lot of people wanted bold (including
> myself). It looks different, it's a different kind of emphasis, why
> not include it? I don't understand your point of view on this. Are you
> not against different kinds of lists? I mean, all of them enumerate
> things so why bother with 3 different kinds, right?

Well, every bit of markup added is permanent, and it's one more thing
to remember to escape.  Redundant kinds of lists aren't so bad because
they're not taking up a whole character, but yes if it were just me I
would only have one kind of list.  Anyway, I missed that it's double
underscore, not *s.  In that case, it won't be a burden so I'm not
worried.  Concern withdrawn!