[Haskell-cafe] Why is the Show instance of Text not used by showTerm?

JP Moresmau jpmoresmau at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 18:32:27 UTC 2014

OK, all simply, show is not called if the term is considered not fully
evaluated, which seems to be my case. So I'll need to write my own showTerm
or maybe pprintClosureCommand, returning a String instead of just writing
to standard out. Bypassing the isFullEvaluatedTerm condition gives me the
expected result.

Thanks,

JP