[Haskell-cafe] Sorting a Repa Array

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 17:08:13 UTC 2014

Indeed!  Repa and accelerate are really designed as a showcase for pushing
the cutting edge of fusion based optimization.  Sorting algorithms, fast
matrix multiply, and other locality sensitive algorithms are precisely
their weakest spot.  To the point where you really shouldn't try to use
them for such!

I second the vector-algorithms recommendation. Be prepared for some large
compile times, those sorting algs do a lot of Inlining to give you good
perf.