[Haskell-cafe] Cabal version constraint seems to be ignored.

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 17:07:10 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 4:43 AM, Carlo Hamalainen <
carlo at carlo-hamalainen.net> wrote:

> If I hide Cabal-1.18.1.2 then things work ok:

Does the behavior change if you build with a sandbox? (without hiding
either Cabal via ghc-pkg?)

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that the inability to specify
dependencies for the build process are causing this problem, even though
you're using build-type: simple; one cabal is used to set cabal-specific
details in the cabal_macros.h file (which I'm assuming you're using
somewhere in the source?) and another is picked based on the build-depends.

That's just a guess, though... and if true, it's a wrinkle in the
interactions between build-system dependencies and program build-time
dependencies that I haven't run across before (even with Cabal-dev!).

--Rogan