[Haskell-cafe] Help on simpleHttp in Network.HTTP.Conduit problem

Stuart Mills stuartallenmills at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 22:39:36 UTC 2014

Here is the source by the way:
{-# LANGUAGE OverloadedStrings #-}

import Network.HTTP.Conduit (simpleHttp)
import qualified Data.Text as T
import Text.HTML.DOM (parseLBS)
import Text.XML.Cursor (Cursor, attributeIs, content, element,
fromDocument, child,
                        ($//), (&|), (&//), (>=>))

-- The URL we're going to search
url = "http://www.bing.com/search?q=school+of+haskell"

-- The data we're going to search for
findNodes :: Cursor -> [Cursor]
findNodes = element "span" >=> attributeIs "id" "count" >=> child

-- Extract the data from each node in turn
extractData = T.concat . content

-- Process the list of data elements
processData =  putStrLn . T.unpack . T.concat

cursorFor :: String -> IO Cursor
cursorFor u = do
     page <- simpleHttp u
     return $ fromDocument $ parseLBS page

-- test
main = do
     cursor <- cursorFor url
     processData $ cursor $// findNodes &| extractData