[Haskell-cafe] off-topic question: how well do you think linguistic relativity applies to PLs and programming?

Ömer Sinan Ağacan omeragacan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 18:14:15 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I recently got myself thinking about programming languages and their
effects on programmers. I already knew that concept of "linguistic
relativity" (  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_relativity  )
and I was thinking that this may be relevant with programming too,
although I don't have any concrete evidence. I was wondering if anyone
else also find that idea of programming language's effect of the
programmer interesting. Do we have any research on that kinds of
things?

Thanks,