[Haskell-cafe] Can't install yesod-platform due to vector package

Sukit Tretriluxana tretriluxana.s at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 16:43:04 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Yesod as suggested by this page.

http://www.yesodweb.com/page/quickstart

with the following command

cabal update cabal install yesod-platform yesod-bin --max-backjumps=-1
--reorder-goals

But I constantly get the following error.

136 warnings and 6 errors generated.

Failed to install vector-0.10.9.1

aeson-0.6.2.1 depends on vector-0.10.9.1 which failed to install.

The error appears to be from the fact that cabal cannot install vector
package.

Any suggestion to fix the problem. I'm on Maverick, Xcode5, Haskell
Platform 2013.2.0.0 64bit

Thanks,
Ed