[Haskell-cafe] flip1 through flip9, useful?

Christian Marie christian at ponies.io
Tue Jan 14 05:48:23 UTC 2014

I have defined a bunch of functions like this:

	-- | Move the fourth argument to the first place
	rotate4 :: (a -> b -> c -> d -> e) -> (d -> a -> b -> c -> e)

	-- | Reverse four arguments
	flip4 :: (a -> b -> c -> d -> e) -> (d -> c -> b -> a -> e)

I decided to upload this as a library to hackage, as I personally find it
useful, especially for writing FFI bindings.

It seems like I can't be the first to write a library like this though, am I
missing something obvious? Is this useful or stupid? Does it exist already?

Full definition here:

https://github.com/christian-marie/flippers/blob/master/src/Control/Flippers.hs