[Haskell-cafe] ANN: tree-view-0.1

Emil Axelsson emax at chalmers.se
Mon Jan 13 12:22:55 UTC 2014

2014-01-13 13:01, J.Waldmann skrev:
> Mateusz Kowalczyk <fuuzetsu <at> fuuzetsu.co.uk> writes:
>
>> It'd be nice if we could get the result of htmlTree without having to
>> write it out to the file.
>
> htmlTree file = writeFile file . showTreeHtml . enumTree
>
> so, just export 'showTreeHtml . enumTree'

OK, I didn't think there was a use case for this, but I have fixed it now.

> I am reading 'String', '++' and 'concat' all over the place and that makes
> me somewhat nervous about performance.

Yes, but note that `++` is only used on single lines.

If anyone runs into performance issues, feel free to submit a patch.

> I thought 'showTreeHtml' should produce some abstract Html representation
> (say, Text.Blaze.Html), then the user can decide how to render, and to what
> type (String, Text, ByteString).

That sounds like a good idea! Personally I'm only interested in very
simple use cases. But please go ahead if anyone wants to add more
flexible outputs.

/ Emil